A brief introduction of the fireman's equipment
Feb 16, 2018
DX marine Production Department-SCBA / EEBD
According to statistics, the fire accidents caused by a variety of reasons account for about 11% of the total number of ships. It can be seen that the ship fire is very close to us. And once the fire occurs, the loss can not be estimated. The damage or loss of the heavy casualties will cause the damage or loss of the ship. It can be seen that ship fire prevention and extinguishment is important for marine life and property protection.
Characteristics of fire fighting in ships
Unlike land fire and fire fighting operations, in the sea where fire support is not available immediately, once a fire occurs, the provision of fire extinguishing media, the position of firemen, and the equipment of all kinds of fire fighting equipment must be put into place on the ship in the first time, and the fire action should be carried out in an orderly manner according to the emergency procedures.
In addition, due to the complex structure of the hull, the multi compartment, the narrow passage, the dense cargo, the small room for rotation, the limited equipment and so on, the scope of the rescue work of the ship fire is affected and restricted, and the ship fire fighting is more challenging than the land fire.
Ship firefighters are generally appointed by the crew of the contingency deployment table. In the case of fire, according to the requirements of the emergency procedures and the command of the fire commanders, the fire fighting and fire rescue operation is carried out quickly. Then we introduce the "good saddle" of the firefighters, the fireman equipment.
The firemen equipped on the ship are equipped with firemen and breathing protection, and the firemen wearing firemen's equipment can safely and smoothly reach the fire field, help the wounded, explore the fire source and carry out the fire action.
Let's look at it next
The components of the fireman's equipment
1) protective clothing. The material can protect the skin from the thermal radiation of the flame, the burn and scald of the vapor, and the exterior of the clothes can be waterproof.
2) fire boots and gloves. Made of rubber or other non conductive materials.
3) fire helmet. Strong and strong and able to withstand impact.
4) explosion-proof lamp. 1 authorized portable battery safety lamps can illuminate at least 3h, for example, for oil tanks or other harmful locations, they should be explosion-proof.
5) Taiping axe. A handle axe capable of providing high voltage insulation protection.
6) respirator. The respirator should be a self contained compressed air respirator with air storage of at least 1200L, or other self-contained respirators that can be used for at least 30 minutes. Each ventilator should be equipped with at least 2 spare cylinders.
7) lifesaving rope. For each ventilator, a fire-resistant lifeline with enough length and strength should be provided. The rope should be fasten with the spring hook on the respirator's straps or on a separate belt, so that the respirator can be pulled away when dragging the lifeline.
The main performance of these firemen's equipment covers several aspects, such as heat insulation, electricity protection, self supply of oxygen, lighting, rescue, durability and so on, which can help the crew to perform the fire rescue duties well.
Of course, there are many other fire-fighting equipment on the ship, such as fixed fire extinguishing system, fire detection and alarm system, fire pump and rescue equipment and other core equipment. It also plays a key role in the arrangement and execution of ship fire operation.
At the time of safety inspection of the ship,
What are the common problems of equipment inspection for firefighters?
1 whether the firemen are familiar with the location of the fireman's equipment, wear it well in a short time and be familiar with the use of fireman equipment, and can quickly find the target fire location according to the requirements of the fireproof layout.
2, is the firefighters fully equipped and regularly inspected by qualified inspection bodies? Protective clothing should be kept intact. Each respirator should be equipped with 2 spare inflatable bottles (the passenger ship is equipped with the Convention or rules). The storage pressure in the cylinder should be sufficient and the air tightness of the joint parts should be good. Check whether the lens, frenulum, annular seal, expiratory valve and suction valve of the fully covered lens are intact.
3 at least two sets of firemen are equipped on the ship under the requirements of the Convention or specification. The passenger ship is equipped with fireman equipment according to the length of the passenger location and service section on the deck or the amount of the main vertical area. The fireman equipment or personal equipment should be conveniently and readily available. The location should be a permanent clear sign, as long as possible. Can be kept away from separate storage.